Sunday, 22 January 2012

1940's Shoot


This is my 1940's inspired shoot with the lovely Tanith Mc Grath. I was going for a kind of rockabilly urban vibe, a bit of a different take on the classic 40's look, scrutinizing them now they kind of have a grungy feel to them, what do you think?
The shoot was a success but I always seem to have some disaster. Half way through the second look my camera decided to run out of battery, me being the professional that I am always remembers to charge the night before a shoot, it turns out the charger was broken. I managed to get a quick lend of another camera which was an absolute life saver.
I returned home to pick my faves and edit, I then realised there was a small tear in the main lead connecting to my mac and also it was bent due to a mirror falling off my wall on the the mac. I kind of freaked out and then made do with masking taping the lead to the computer, I don't know how safe it is and it keeps randomly shutting down.








This dress was a steal, I bought it from a charity with no intention of wearing it due to it being completely see through. However, Tanith rocked it and its in keeping with the rockabilly theme.









Photography and Styling: Me
Model: Tanith Mc Grath
Hair and Make-up: Louise kelly

A special thanks to Jaesin Yu for saving the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive